- 'You're antagonistic to the idea of being robbed, exploited, degraded, humiliated or deceived.Chapter 27 — Nurse Duckett (85% in)
- Kraft was a skinny, harmless kid from Pennsylvania who wanted only to be liked, and was destined to be disappointed in even so humble and degrading an ambition.Chapter 6 — Hungry Joe (49% in)
- Major Major had bought the dark glasses and false mustache in Rome in a final, futile attempt to save himself from the swampy degradation into which he was steadily sinking.Chapter 9 — Major Major Major Major (75% in)
- It was degrading to have to depend so thoroughly on a person who had been educated at a state university.Chapter 19 — Colonel Cathcart (22% in)
- We haven't got a stitch of clothing, and it's going to be very degrading and embarrassing for the person who has to go downstairs through the lobby to get some.'Chapter 33 — Nately's Whore (55% in)
There are no more uses of "degrade" in Catch-22.
Typical Usage (best examples)