(click/touch triangles for details)
- He greeted Milo jovially each time they met and, in an excess of contrite generosity, impulsively recommended Major Major for promotion.Chapter 13 — Major De Coverley (63% in)
- 'What the hell are you getting so upset about?' he asked her bewilderedly in a tone of contrite amusement.Chapter 18 — The Soldier Who Saw Everything Twice (44% in)
- 'I'm sorry,' the chaplain apologized contritely.Chapter 20 — Corporal Whitcomb (86% in)
- Milo responded contritely.Chapter 22 — Milo the Mayor (71% in)
- Yossarian took her in his arms and hugged her with gentle, contrite affection.Chapter 34 — Thanksgiving (99% in)
There are no more uses of "contrite" in Catch-22.
Typical Usage (best examples)