(click/touch triangles for details)
- 'Will you get out of here?' he yelped beseechingly, and shoved Aarfy over with all his strength.Chapter 15 — Piltchard & Wren (51% in)
- 'I want someone to tell me,' Lieutenant Scheisskopf beseeched them all prayerfully.Chapter 8 — Lieutenant Scheisskopf (14% in)
- Luciana was touched by Nately's forlorn air, but broke loudly into robust laughter again the moment she stepped outside into the sunny street with Yossarian and heard Hungry Joe beseeching them from the window to come back and take their clothes off, because he really was a photographer from Life magazine.Chapter 16 — Luciana (78% in)
- Oh, God! he had shrieked beseechingly through lips that could not open as the plane fell and he dangled without weight by the top of his head until Huple managed to seize the controls back and leveled the plane out down inside the crazy, craggy, patchwork canyon of crashing antiaircraft fire from which they had climbed away and from which they would now have to escape again.Chapter 22 — Milo the Mayor (3% in)
- He was cold, and he thought of Snowden, who had never been his pal but was a vaguely familiar kid who was badly wounded and freezing to death in the puddle of harsh yellow sunlight splashing into his face through the side gunport when Yossarian crawled into the rear section of the plane over the bomb bay after Dobbs had beseeched him on the intercom to help the gunner, please help the gunner.Chapter 41 — Snowden (58% in)
There are no more uses of "beseech" in Catch-22.
Typical Usage (best examples)