(click/touch triangles for details)
- I would nurse the afflicted.Book 2 — An Unfortunate Gathering (38% in)
- As an afflicted marquis observed not long ago (he must have been treated by a specialist) in confession to his spiritual father—a Jesuit.Book 11 — Ivan (90% in)
- Of the deceased Smerdyakov he observed, crossing himself, that he was a lad of ability, but stupid and afflicted, and, worse still, an infidel, and that it was Fyodor Pavlovitch and his elder son who had taught him to be so.Book 12 — A Judicial Error (9% in)
- I mean an afflicted idiot, formerly the servant, and possibly the illegitimate son, of Fyodor Pavlovitch, Smerdyakov.Book 12 — A Judicial Error (42% in)
- Persons severely afflicted with epilepsy are, so the most skillful doctors tell us, always prone to continual and morbid self-reproach.Book 12 — A Judicial Error (52% in)
There are no more uses of "afflict" in The Brothers Karamazov.
Typical Usage (best examples)