(click/touch triangles for details)
- It had flourished and been glorious all over Russia through its elders, to see and hear whom pilgrims had flocked for thousands of miles from all parts.Book 1 — The History Of A Family (79% in)
- His heart throbbed, and he beamed, as it were, all over when the elder came out to the gates of the hermitage into the waiting crowd of pilgrims of the humbler class who had flocked from all parts of Russia on purpose to see the elder and obtain his blessing.Book 1 — The History Of A Family (89% in)
- Of late he had become so weak through attacks of illness that he was sometimes unable to leave his cell, and the pilgrims waited for him to come out for several days.Book 1 — The History Of A Family (89% in)
- My Nikita, my Nikita, you are waiting for me," the woman began in a sing-song voice; but the elder had already turned away to a very old woman, dressed like a dweller in the town, not like a pilgrim.Book 2 — An Unfortunate Gathering (28% in)
- He was reverenced during his lifetime as a crazy saint by all the pilgrims to the monastery.Book 7 — Alyosha (11% in)
There are no more uses of "pilgrim" in The Brothers Karamazov.
Typical Usage (best examples)