(click/touch triangles for details)
- So what was it that impelled you to this sentiment of hatred?Book 9 — The Preliminary Investigation (25% in)
- ... But I know nothing about such affairs," something impelled him to add hurriedly.Book 4 — Lacerations (52% in)
- "Stay," Mitya interrupted, suddenly, and impelled by uncontrollable feeling he pronounced, addressing all in the room: "Gentlemen, we're all cruel, we're all monsters, we all make men weep, and mothers, and babes at the breast, but of all, let it be settled here, now, of all I am the lowest reptile!Book 9 — The Preliminary Investigation (96% in)
- He was partly impelled to do this by a sore place still left in his heart from a phrase of Smerdyakov's, that it was to his, Ivan's, advantage that his brother should be convicted, as that would increase his inheritance and Alyosha's from forty to sixty thousand roubles.Book 11 — Ivan (61% in)
- She was suffering for her "treachery" at the trial, and Alyosha felt that her conscience was impelling her to confess it to him, to him, Alyosha, with tears and cries and hysterical writhings on the floor.Epilogue (13% in)
There are no more uses of "impel" in The Brothers Karamazov.
Typical Usage (best examples)