(click/touch triangles for details)
- She spoke on a single, level tone, as if she were reciting an austere catechism of faith.2.7 — Part 2 Chapter 7 (80% in)
- "How is it going to stop him?" she asked in the tone one would use to recite a list of statistics.2.12 — Part 2 Chapter 12 (36% in)
- He had not wished a religious ceremony, which he did not respect, and he could have less respect for the state's functionary reciting a formula before him—but he made the rite an act of pure religion.3.7 — Part 3 Chapter 7 (29% in)
- But within an hour he found himself studying the joints of the paneling on the walls and reciting nursery rhymes in his mind.4.9 — Part 4 Chapter 9 (56% in)
- It was not a famous architect publicly confessing incompetence; it was a man reciting a memorized lesson.4.18 — Part 4 Chapter 18 (22% in)
There are no more uses of "recite" in The Fountainhead.
Typical Usage (best examples)