- His voice was low; it had a tone of warning—as of something baring its teeth, tentatively, just for future reference.4.9 — Part 4 Chapter 9 (47% in)
- He mentioned to Francon, tentatively in passing, the subject of his daughter.1.4 — Part 1 Chapter 4 (13% in)
- Months ago the commission for the giant statue of "Industry" to stand in the main lobby of the building had been awarded—tentatively—to Steven Mallory.2.3 — Part 2 Chapter 3 (9% in)
- Scarret half smiled tentatively, puzzled, anxious to join in, but not quite certain of the cause for amusement.4.2 — Part 4 Chapter 2 (69% in)
- Dominique, whom he had tried to save from the Banner... When they met in the building, Scarret looked at him expectantly, with an entreating, tentative half-smile, an eager pupil waiting for the teacher's recognition of a lesson well learned and well done.4.17 — Part 4 Chapter 17 (97% in)
There are no more uses of "tentative" in The Fountainhead.
Typical Usage (best examples)