(click/touch triangles for details)
- Over the fireplace in the drawing room hung a large old painting of what was not but looked like an illustrious ancestor.2.4 — Part 2 Chapter 4 (19% in)
- ...minutes—to the platform where Guy Francon had held forth as the speaker at the commencement exercises of the Stanton Institute of Technology, Guy Francon who had brought his own person from New York for the occasion; Guy Francon, of the illustrious firm of Francon & Heyer, vice-president of the Architects' Guild of America, member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters, member of the National Fine Arts Commission, Secretary of the Arts and Crafts League of New York, chairman of...1.2 — Part 1 Chapter 2 (6% in)
- This gave the man on the street two satisfactions: that of entering illustrious drawing rooms and that of not wiping his feet on the threshold.3.1 — Part 3 Chapter 1 (66% in)
- Look what an illustrious company I get for the price of one.3.3 — Part 3 Chapter 3 (71% in)
- Neil Dumont was a lanky, anemic society youth, with shoulders stooped under the burden of too many illustrious ancestors.3.5 — Part 3 Chapter 5 (8% in)
There are no more uses of "illustrious" in The Fountainhead.
Typical Usage (best examples)