- She felt a desire to let him carry her—a feeling of confidence without appraisal, not a happy confidence, but confidence.3.7 — Part 3 Chapter 7 (11% in)
- Toohey stood looking at him; Toohey's hands had slipped negligently into his trouser pockets, making his jacket flare out over his thin hips; he seemed to teeter faintly on his small feet; his eyes were attentive in enigmatic appraisal.2.6 — Part 2 Chapter 6 (40% in)
- But to bring that same intellectual manner to the appraisal of someone like Roark....2.8 — Part 2 Chapter 8 (58% in)
- But he sat down on the edge of the crumpled bed and slumped forward, his glance like a sensitive scale weighing Roark's features, impertinent in its open action of appraisal.2.11 — Part 2 Chapter 11 (37% in)
- He moved a chair for her, but when she sat down he did not cross to sit behind his desk, he stood studying her professionally, appraisingly.3.3 — Part 3 Chapter 3 (1% in)
There are no more uses of "appraise" in The Fountainhead.
Typical Usage (best examples)