(click/touch triangles for details)
- One was supposed to describe, not to explain, to catalogue facts, not to evaluate them: Mr. Smith had been defrozen, Mr. Jones had not; that was all.2.1 Part 2 Chapter 1 — The Man Who Belonged on Earth (34% in)
- The evaluation of an action as 'practical,' Dr. Ferris, depends on what it is that one wishes to practice.2.3 Part 2 Chapter 3 — White Blackmail (38% in)
- I am in full agreement with the facts of everything said about me in the newspapers-with the facts, but not with the evaluation.2.4 Part 2 Chapter 4 — The Sanction of the Victim (54% in)
- "Don't tell me your evaluation.3.6 Part 3 Chapter 6 — The Concerto of Deliverance (43% in)
- I brought them, not a re-evaluation, but only an identification of their values.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (21% in)
There are no more uses of "evaluate" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)