(click/touch triangles for details)
- But Pop Harper, chief clerk, still sat at his desk, twisting the levers of a half-dismembered typewriter.1.1 Part 1 Chapter 1 — The Theme (39% in)
- Don't give yourself time to fee], she thought, dismember the carcass as fast as possible, the engines are needed all over the system, Ken Danagger in Pennsylvania needs trains, more trains, if only"Dr.2.1 Part 2 Chapter 1 — The Man Who Belonged on Earth (39% in)
- "Dagny," he asked very quietly-and she wondered what made her feel that he looked as if his personal fate hung on her answer, "what if it were the main line that you had to dismember?"2.5 Part 2 Chapter 5 — Account Overdrawn (54% in)
- It was a spur track which had already been dismembered.2.5 Part 2 Chapter 5 — Account Overdrawn (63% in)
- He went crawling over and under the machinery, unscrewing its parts and screwing them back again, taking out pieces and replacing them, dismembering the motors at random, like a child taking a clock apart, but without the child's conviction that knowledge is possible.3.10 Part 3 Chapter 10 — In the Name of the Best Among Us (70% in)
There are no more uses of "dismember" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)