(click/touch triangles for details)
- "Look, bud," said Bertram Scudder, his eyeballs focused approximately in the direction of Philip, "whether you like it or not, the Equalization of Opportunity Bill represents a great step forward."1.6 Part 1 Chapter 6 — The Non-Commercial (24% in)
- "I've had my engineers prepare a breakdown of the cost of the bridge," he said, "and an approximate schedule of the construction time required.1.7 Part 1 Chapter 7 — The Exploiters and the Exploited (76% in)
- A moral code impossible to practice, a code that demands imperfection or death, has taught you to dissolve all ideas in fog, to permit no firm definitions, to regard any concept as approximate and any rule of conduct as elastic, to hedge on any principle, to compromise on any value, to take the middle of any road.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (77% in)
- When men reduce their virtues to the approximate, then evil acquires the force of an absolute, when loyalty to an unyielding purpose is dropped by the virtuous, it's picked up by scoundrels-and you get the indecent spectacle of a cringing, bargaining, traitorous good and a self-righteously uncompromising evil.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (78% in)
- Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (99% in)
There are no more uses of "approximate" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)