(click/touch triangles for details)
- They are also yelling that the coal operators are profiteering on the oil shortage.2.2 Part 2 Chapter 2 — The Aristocracy of Pull (10% in)
- It's too bad about those profiteers on Rearden Metal.2.2 Part 2 Chapter 2 — The Aristocracy of Pull (92% in)
- They're profiteers of the black market who grow rich by defrauding the poor of their rightful share, at a time of desperate shortage.2.4 Part 2 Chapter 4 — The Sanction of the Victim (18% in)
- Just look at my balance sheet-and then look at the books of a certain competitor of mine, who's got all the customers, all the raw materials, all the technical advantages and a monopoly on secret formulas-then tell me who's the profiteer!2.6 Part 2 Chapter 6 — Miracle Metal (9% in)
- It does not matter who then becomes the profiteer on his renounced glory and tormented soul, a mystic God with some incomprehensible design or any passer-by whose rotting sores are held as some inexplicable claim upon him-it does not matter, the good is not for him to understand, his duty is to crawl through years of penance, atoning for the guilt of his existence to any stray collector of unintelligible debts, his only concept of a value is a zero: the good is that which is non-man.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (35% in)
There are no more uses of "profiteer" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)