(click/touch triangles for details)
- The popcorn wrappers and the whiskey bottle testified to the kind of invading hordes that had rolled through the room, like waves washing the remnants of destruction away to unknown bottoms.1.9 Part 1 Chapter 9 — The Sacred and the Profane (98% in)
- Without us, they are corpses and their sole product is poison, not wealth or food, the poison of disintegration that turns men into hordes of scavengers.2.8 Part 2 Chapter 8 — By Our Love (50% in)
- In place of the golden dawn of a new age, the People's States of Chile and Argentina are left with a pile of rubble and hordes of unemployed on their hands.3.5 Part 3 Chapter 5 — Their Brothers' Keepers (20% in)
- Those who choose to join us, will join us; those who don't, will not have the power to stop us; hordes of savages have never been an obstacle to men who carried the banner of the mind.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (97% in)
- Don't you know how futile it is, the mind, against those mindless hordes?3.8 Part 3 Chapter 8 — The Egoist (85% in)
There are no more uses of "horde" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)