(click/touch triangles for details)
- No. There was a kind of faint convulsion in the stolid face.1.4 Part 1 Chapter 4 — The Immovable Movers (59% in)
- He had the square, stolid, stubborn face of a tough freight engineer, rather than a company president; the face of a fighter, with a young, tanned skin and graying hair.1.4 Part 1 Chapter 4 — The Immovable Movers (57% in)
- The owner turned impassively to fill her order; there was, in his stolid indifference, the kind of mercifulness that asks no questions.1.7 Part 1 Chapter 7 — The Exploiters and the Exploited (26% in)
- He was a man in his fifties, with a square, stolid face.1.7 Part 1 Chapter 7 — The Exploiters and the Exploited (87% in)
- It was the stolid Mr. Ward who screamed, "Oh God, no!1.7 Part 1 Chapter 7 — The Exploiters and the Exploited (92% in)
There are no more uses of "stolid" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)