- It was the three of us who resolved to avenge this country and to release its imprisoned soul.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (87% in)
- They resolved that it was their opinion that children should not be permitted to ride on the new Rio Norte Line of Taggart Transcontinental when it's completed, because it is unsafe...... They said it specifically, the new line of Taggart Transcontinental.1.7 Part 1 Chapter 7 — The Exploiters and the Exploited (21% in)
- It was the silence and the fact that she did not want to say it, had come here resolved not to speak, but could not resist it, that made Dagny's voice sound so vibrantly harsh: "Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?"2.5 Part 2 Chapter 5 — Account Overdrawn (27% in)
- She felt nothing but the emptiness left by a fire that had been hatred and anger and the desperate impulse of a fight to the kill; these had fused into a single icy streak, the single resolve to follow the stranger, whoever he was, wherever he took her, to follow and .... she added nothing in her mind, but, unstated, what lay at the bottom of the emptiness was: and give her life, if she could take his first.2.10 Part 2 Chapter 10 — The Sign of the Dollar (92% in)
- That's the contradiction you had to resolve sooner or later, Miss Taggart.3.1 Part 3 Chapter 1 — Atlantis (17% in)
- The purpose for which I had chosen my work, was my resolve to be a guardian of justice.3.1 Part 3 Chapter 1 — Atlantis (82% in)
There are no more uses of "resolve" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)