- God knows what is liable to happen at a hysterical time like the present and in a situation as delicate as this.2.6 Part 2 Chapter 6 — Miracle Metal (46% in)
- But these are difficult times and it's hard telling what's liable to happen.2.5 Part 2 Chapter 5 — Account Overdrawn (41% in)
- We don't want any more stunts of the sort he's liable to pull.2.5 Part 2 Chapter 5 — Account Overdrawn (76% in)
- I don't feel so safe about the lousiest wharf rat in the longshoremen's union: he's liable to remember suddenly that he is a man-and then I won't be able to keep him in line.2.6 Part 2 Chapter 6 — Miracle Metal (43% in)
- There's a great deal of dissatisfaction and unrest in the country-and if people should misunderstand the nature of the new invention, they're liable to vent their rage on all scientists.3.3 Part 3 Chapter 3 — Anti-Greed (26% in)
There are no more uses of "liable" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)