(click/touch triangles for details)
- I did obtain an unusually large quota for the Instituteand only by the special favor of some very special connections-but I feel abjectly guilty if this proved insufficient.2.1 Part 2 Chapter 1 — The Man Who Belonged on Earth (14% in)
- It is a desire that has reduced my mind, my will, my being, my power to exist into an abject dependence upon you-not even upon the Dagny Taggart whom I admired-but upon your body, your hands, your mouth and the few seconds of a convulsion of your muscles.1.9 Part 1 Chapter 9 — The Sacred and the Profane (5% in)
- -or are you becoming one of those abject altruists who has no answer to that question any longer?3.5 Part 3 Chapter 5 — Their Brothers' Keepers (76% in)
- The purpose of man's life, say both, is to become an abject zombie who serves a purpose he does not know, for reasons he is not to question.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (38% in)
- "These are just plain, ordinary people, Mr. Galt," said Chick Morrison in a tone intended to project their abject humility.3.8 Part 3 Chapter 8 — The Egoist (77% in)
There are no more uses of "abject" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)