- Perceiving it as I sat by him, I said, "They have given you, sir, too low a seat."
- By that register I perceived that I was the youngest son of the youngest son for five generations back.
- By my rambling digressions I perceive myself to be grown old.
- I perceive that I am apt to speak in the singular number, though our partnership still continu'd; the reason may be that, in fact, the whole management of the business lay upon me.
- I happened soon after to attend one of his sermons, in the course of which I perceived he intended to finish with a collection, and I silently resolved he should get nothing from me, I had in my pocket a handful of copper money, three or four silver dollars, and five pistoles in gold.
There are no more uses of "perceive" in The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.
Typical Usage (best examples)