- Her glimpse of tasks involving millions of people and a score of nations reduced Main Street from bloated importance to its actual pettiness.Chapter 37 (93% in)
- During her three years of library work several men showed diligent interest in her—the treasurer of a fur-manufacturing firm, a teacher, a newspaper reporter, and a petty railroad official.Chapter 1 (99% in)
- So rarely did she nag in this petty, hot-weather fashion that he was astonished rather than angry.Chapter 24 (31% in)
- Then, in a very great desire of rebellion and unleashing of all her hatreds, "The pettier and more tawdry it is, the more blame to Main Street.Chapter 30 (65% in)
- And not one man in town to carry out their pioneer tradition of superb and contemptuous cursing, not one to verify the myth that their "rough chivalry" and "rugged virtues" were more generous than the petty scandal-picking of older lands, not one dramatic frontiersman to thunder, with fantastic and fictional oaths, "What are you hinting at?Chapter 32 (41% in)
There are no more uses of "petty" in Main Street.
Typical Usage (best examples)