(click/touch triangles for details)
- He was affectionate, bullying, opinionated, ignorant, and rather wistful.Chapter 18 (25% in)
- Always wanted one," he said wistfully.Chapter 5 (19% in)
- The next, under the wistful appeal "Finger Print Detectives Wanted—Big Incomes!" confided: "YOU red-blooded men and women—this is the PROFESSION you have been looking for.Chapter 6 (69% in)
- In an intolerable sweetness, a contentment so deep that he was wistfully discontented, he saw magnolias by moonlight and heard plantation darkies crooning to the banjo.Chapter 28 (33% in)
- Now they said nothing of returning, but a wistful "I suppose everything is going on all right without me" among her dry chronicles of weather and sicknesses hinted to Babbitt that he hadn't been very urgent about her coming.Chapter 30 (1% in)
There are no more uses of "wistful" in Babbitt.
Typical Usage (best examples)