(click/touch triangles for details)
- How many other ladies have you been consoling?Chapter 31 (71% in)
- They said that Whereas Almighty God in his beneficent mercy had seen fit to remove to a sphere of higher usefulness some thirty-six realtors of the state the past year, Therefore it was the sentiment of this convention assembled that they were sorry God had done it, and the secretary should be, and hereby was, instructed to spread these resolutions on the minutes, and to console the bereaved families by sending them each a copy.Chapter 13 (64% in)
- He consoled Tinka, who satisfactorily pointed the excitement of the hour by wailing.Chapter 33 (31% in)
- So, as they drove up to St. Mary's Hospital, with the nurses already laying out the instruments for an operation to save her life, it was she who consoled him and kissed the place to make it well, and though he tried to be gruff and mature, he yielded to her and was glad to be babied.Chapter 33 (71% in)
- But even this sinking into peace was less consoling than his return to being one of the best-loved men in the Boosters' Club.Chapter 34 (44% in)
There are no more uses of "console" in Babbitt.
Typical Usage (best examples)