(click/touch triangles for details)
- CREON The patriot perished by the outlaw's brand.
perished = died, was destroyed, or ceased to exist
- But he is too late: he finds lying side by side Antigone who had hanged herself and Haemon who also has perished by his own hand.
- Bethink thee, sister, we are left alone; Shall we not perish wretchedest of all, If in defiance of the law we cross A monarch's will?
- Seven captains at our seven gates Thundered; for each a champion waits, Each left behind his armor bright, Trophy for Zeus who turns the fight; Save two alone, that ill-starred pair One mother to one father bare, Who lance in rest, one 'gainst the other Drave, and both perished, brother slain by brother.
- Now that his two sons perished in one day, Brother by brother murderously slain, By right of kinship to the Princes dead, I claim and hold the throne and sovereignty.
- See how the trees beside a stream in flood Save, if they yield to force, each spray unharmed, But by resisting perish root and branch.
There are no more uses of "perish" in Antigone.
Typical Usage (best examples)