used in And Then There Were None
(click/touch triangles for details)
to call forth
The exact meaning of summon
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "summon to court" — officially demand that someone appear in court (call them to court)
- "summon the team to a meeting" — call upon the team members to attend a meeting
- "summon help" — call others to come and help
- "summon her courage" — call forth her courage from within
- " When the gong sounded for breakfast at nine o'clock it found every one up and awaiting the summons.
- Rogers, summoned before the court, had very little to tell.
- I think we should summon Miss Brent to join our conclave.
- As yet she could not summon the courage to put it out.
There are no more uses of "summon" in And Then There Were None.