(click/touch triangles for details)
- The moon was on the wane: each night there was a longer interval of darkness.Chapter 7 (7% in)
- 'It seemed to me that I had happened upon humanity upon the wane.Chapter 4 (70% in)
- 'As the evening drew on, my interest waned.Chapter 8 (86% in)
- I hastily took a lump of camphor from my pocket, and prepared to light it as soon as the match should wane.Chapter 9 (33% in)
- I put Weena, still motionless, down upon a turfy bole, and very hastily, as my first lump of camphor waned, I began collecting sticks and leaves.Chapter 9 (40% in)
There are no more uses of "wane" in The Time Machine.
Typical Usage (best examples)