(click/touch triangles for details)
- But according to your category I must be merely an acquaintance.Chapter 1 (58% in)
- ...and possess that element of strangeness that is so essential to romance, he would often adopt certain modes of thought that he knew to be really alien to his nature, abandon himself to their subtle influences, and then, having, as it were, caught their color and satisfied his intellectual curiosity, leave them with that curious indifference that is not incompatible with a real ardor of temperament, and that indeed, according to certain modern psychologists, is often a condition of it.Chapter 9 (28% in)
- According to the great alchemist Pierre de Boniface, the diamond rendered a man invisible, and the agate of India made him eloquent.Chapter 9 (46% in)
- In the nests of Arabian birds was the aspilates, that, according to Democritus, kept the wearer from any danger by fire.Chapter 9 (48% in)
- , visited Louis XII. of France, his horse was loaded with gold leaves, according to Brantome, and his cap had double rows of rubies that threw out a great light.Chapter 9 (51% in)
There are no more uses of "accord" in Picture of Dorian Gray - 13 chapter version.
Typical Usage (best examples)