(click/touch triangles for details)
- It is narrow asceticism; I don't like to see you persisting in it, Maggie.5.1 -- Book 5 Chapter 1 -- In the Red Deeps (85% in)
- "Maggie," he said, in a tone of remonstrance, "don't persist in this wilful, senseless privation.5.3 -- Book 5 Chapter 3 -- The Wavering Balance (61% in)
- "Yes, yes," persisted Lucy; "I can't help being hopeful about it.6.3 -- Book 6 Chapter 3 -- Confidential Moments (90% in)
- Maggie did not persist in objecting.6.13 -- Book 6 Chapter 13 -- Borne Along by the Tide (45% in)
- Dr. Kenn, at first enlightened only by a few hints as to the new turn which gossip and slander had taken in relation to Maggie, had recently been made more fully aware of it by an earnest remonstrance from one of his male parishioners against the indiscretion of persisting in the attempt to overcome the prevalent feeling in the parish by a course of resistance.7.5 -- Book 7 Chapter 5 -- The Last Conflict (12% in)
There are no more uses of "persist" in The Mill on the Floss.
Typical Usage (best examples)