(click/touch triangles for details)
- The president looked at his auditors.Chapters 85-86 (73% in)
- A glance at the king after this discreet and subtle exordium, assured Villefort of the benignity of his august auditor, and he went on:— "Sire, I have come as rapidly to Paris as possible, to inform your majesty that I have discovered, in the exercise of my duties, not a commonplace and insignificant plot, such as is every day got up in the lower ranks of the people and in the army, but an actual conspiracy—a storm which menaces no less than your majesty's throne.Chapters 9-10 (88% in)
- Haidee saw at a glance the same expression pervading the countenances of her two auditors; she exclaimed, 'When my mother recovered her senses we were before the serasker.Chapters 77-78 (51% in)
- This news, false as it was following so singularly in the train of the two similar misfortunes which had so recently occurred, evidently astonished the auditors, and they retired without a word.Chapters 77-78 (57% in)
- A burst of laughter from the auditors did not in the least disconcert the speaker, who continued,—"Yes, gentlemen; Edward, the infant phenomenon, who is quite an adept in the art of killing."Chapters 109-110 (30% in)
There are no more uses of "auditor" in The Count of Monte Cristo.
Typical Usage (best examples)