(click/touch triangles for details)
- Well, you stand well with M. Morrel I hear,—you insinuating dog, you!Chapters 1-2 (82% in)
- We will leave Danglars struggling with the demon of hatred, and endeavoring to insinuate in the ear of the shipowner some evil suspicions against his comrade, and follow Dantes, who, after having traversed La Canebiere, took the Rue de Noailles, and entering a small house, on the left of the Allees de Meillan, rapidly ascended four flights of a dark staircase, holding the baluster with one hand, while with the other he repressed the beatings of his heart, and paused before a half-open...Chapters 1-2 (56% in)
- Yes, I will not deny it, I do await, and I do love him of whom you speak; and, if he does not return, instead of accusing him of the inconstancy which you insinuate, I will tell you that he died loving me and me only.Chapters 3-4 (19% in)
- What magistrate would find, or even venture to insinuate, anything against this?Chapters 51-52 (81% in)
- If you plunge a dagger into your flesh, if you insinuate a bullet into your brain, which the least shock disorders,—then certainly, you will suffer pain, and you will repent quitting a life for a repose you have bought at so dear a price.Chapter 117 (39% in)
There are no more uses of "insinuate" in The Count of Monte Cristo.
Typical Usage (best examples)