(click/touch triangles for details)
- About five ft. seven in. in height; strongly built, sallow complexion, black hair, a little bald in the centre, bushy, black side-whiskers and moustache; tinted glasses, slight infirmity of speech.Adventure III — A Case of Identity (61% in)
- The man who entered was a sturdy, middle-sized fellow, some thirty years of age, clean-shaven, and sallow-skinned, with a bland, insinuating manner, and a pair of wonderfully sharp and penetrating grey eyes.Adventure III — A Case of Identity (72% in)
- He sprang from his chair and paced about the room in uncontrollable agitation, with a flush upon his sallow cheeks and a nervous clasping and unclasping of his long thin hands.Adventure V — The Five Orange Pips (89% in)
- As I entered, a sallow Malay attendant had hurried up with a pipe for me and a supply of the drug, beckoning me to an empty berth.Adventure VI — The Man with the Twisted Lip (11% in)
- His eyes twinkled, and there was even a touch of colour upon his sallow cheeks.Adventure XI — The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet (70% in)
There are no more uses of "sallow" in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
Typical Usage (best examples)