(click/touch triangles for details)
- I was ascertaining whether the cellar stretched out in front or behind.Adventure II — The Red-Headed League (96% in)
- I may add that his whole debts at the present moment, as far as we have been able to ascertain, amount to £88 10s.Adventure VI — The Man with the Twisted Lip (29% in)
- So now we must set ourselves very seriously to finding this gentleman and ascertaining what part he has played in this little mystery.Adventure VII — The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle (36% in)
- It appears that some little trouble was caused by a woman, whose name has not been ascertained, who endeavoured to force her way into the house after the bridal party, alleging that she had some claim upon Lord St. Simon.Adventure X — The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor (22% in)
- On ascertaining that his daughter had disappeared, Mr. Aloysius Doran, in conjunction with the bridegroom, instantly put themselves in communication with the police, and very energetic inquiries are being made, which will probably result in a speedy clearing up of this very singular business.Adventure X — The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor (24% in)
There are no more uses of "ascertain" in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
Typical Usage (best examples)