(click/touch triangles for details)
- I shall be all anxiety.Adventure I — A Scandal in Bohemia (39% in)
- He looked about him anxiously in the glare of the lamp, and I could see that his face was pale and his eyes heavy, like those of a man who is weighed down with some great anxiety.Adventure V — The Five Orange Pips (11% in)
- On the other hand, the face and manner of my patron had made an unpleasant impression upon me, and I could not think that his explanation of the fuller's-earth was sufficient to explain the necessity for my coming at midnight, and his extreme anxiety lest I should tell anyone of my errand.Adventure IX — The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb (41% in)
- I am not a very heavy sleeper, and the anxiety in my mind tended, no doubt, to make me even less so than usual.Adventure XI — The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet (32% in)
- She rose briskly from her chair with the anxiety all swept from her face.Adventure XII — The Adventure of the Copper Beeches (31% in)
There are no more uses of "anxiety" in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
Typical Usage (best examples)