- —there stands a rustic dwelling which you can make me prouder of, than all the hopes I have renounced, measured a thousandfold.Chapter 51 — Affording an Explanation of More Mysteries than One.... (95% in)
- Who can tell how scenes of peace and quietude sink into the minds of pain-worn dwellers in close and noisy places, and carry their own freshness, deep into their jaded hearts!Chapter 32 — Of the Happy Life Oliver Began to Lead with His Kind Friends (65% in)
- The circumstance did not dwell in his recollection long, however: for when he reached the cottage, there was enough to occupy his mind, and to drive all considerations of self completely from his memory.Chapter 33 — Wherein the Happiness of Oliver and His Friends, Experiences.... (66% in)
- There was no other dwelling near, in that direction; and the prospect it commanded was very extensive.Chapter 34 — Contains Some Introductory Particulars Relative to a Young.... (83% in)
- It might be that her tears relieved her, or that she felt the full hopelessness of her condition; but she turned back; and hurrying with nearly as great rapidity in the contrary direction; partly to recover lost time, and partly to keep pace with the violent current of her own thoughts: soon reached the dwelling where she had left the housebreaker.Chapter 39 — Introduces Some Respectable Characters with Whom the.... (68% in)
There are no more uses of "dwell" in Oliver Twist.
Typical Usage (best examples)