(click/touch triangles for details)
- The young gentleman smiled, as if to intimate that the latter fragments of discourse were playfully ironical; and finished the beer as he did so.Chapter 8 — Oliver Walks to London. He encounters on the Road a.... (61% in)
- At this point of Mr. Bumble's discourse, Oliver, just hearing enough to know that some allusion was being made to his mother, recommenced kicking, with a violence that rendered every other sound inaudible.Chapter 7 — Oliver Continues Refactory (51% in)
- 'Not a bit of it,' replied the Dodger, stopping the subject of discourse as Mr. Chitling was about to reply.Chapter 25 — Wherein this History Reverts to Mr. Fagin and Company (37% in)
- He lighted his lantern from that which Monks had detached from the rope, and now carried in his hand; and making no effort to prolong the discourse, descended in silence, followed by his wife.Chapter 38 — Containing an Account of What Passed Between Mr. and Mrs.... (95% in)
- You gave me leave, at any time within a year, to renew the subject of our last discourse.'Chapter 51 — Affording an Explanation of More Mysteries than One.... (85% in)
There are no more uses of "discourse" in Oliver Twist.
Typical Usage (best examples)