- Nothing had come of her zealous intervention; nor could I infer, from what he told me, that any clue had been obtained, for a moment, to Emily's fate.Chapters 49-51 (31% in)
- See, how our house and church are lessening in the distance; how the grave beneath the tree is blotted out by intervening objects; how the spire points upwards from my old playground no more, and the sky is empty!Chapters 10-12 (43% in)
- Then I saw, as though all the intervening time had been cancelled, and I were still standing in the doorway on the night of the departure, the expression of that night in the face of Mrs. Strong, as it confronted his.Chapters 19-21 (20% in)
- To remind'; and passed the intervening period in a state of dotage.Chapters 31-33 (79% in)
- Detailed instructions were added relative to the address of a reply, which, although they betrayed the intervention of several hands, and made it difficult to arrive at any very probable conclusion in reference to her place of concealment, made it at least not unlikely that she had written from that spot where she was stated to have been seen.Chapters 40-42 (15% in)
There are no more uses of "intervene" in David Copperfield.
Typical Usage (best examples)