- Or the attraction of gravity, and the great laws and harmonious combinations and the fluids of the air, as subjects for the savans?Book 15 — A Song for Occupations (40% in)
- O the of increase, growth, recuperation, The joy of soothing and pacifying, the joy of concord and harmony.Book 11 — A Song of Joys (16% in)
- Wandering at Morn Wandering at morn, Emerging from the night from gloomy thoughts, thee in my thoughts, Yearning for thee harmonious Union! thee, singing bird divine!Book 24 — AUTUMN RIVULETS (95% in)
- ...all, Rocks, woods, fort, cannon, pacing sentries, endless wilds, In dulcet streams, in flutes' and cornets' notes, Electric, pensive, turbulent, artificial, (Yet strangely fitting even here, meanings unknown before, Subtler than ever, more harmony, as if born here, related here, Not to the city's fresco'd rooms, not to the audience of the opera house, Sounds, echoes, wandering strains, as really here at home, Sonnambula's innocent love, trios with Norma's anguish, And thy ecstatic...Book 24 — AUTUMN RIVULETS (97% in)
- ...Haply what thou hast heard O soul was not the sound of winds, Nor dream of raging storm, nor sea-hawk's flapping wings nor harsh scream, Nor vocalism of sun-bright Italy, Nor German organ majestic, nor vast concourse of voices, nor layers of harmonies, Nor strophes of husbands and wives, nor sound of marching soldiers, Nor flutes, nor harps, nor the bugle-calls of camps, But to a new rhythmus fitted for thee, Poems bridging the way from Life to Death, vaguely wafted in night air,...Book 25 — Proud Music of the Storm (96% in)
- Thou pulse—thou motive of the stars, suns, systems, That, circling, move in order, safe, harmonious, Athwart the shapeless vastnesses of space, How should I think, how breathe a single breath, how speak, if, out of myself, I could not launch, to those, superior universes?Book 26 — Passage to India (80% in)
There are no more uses of "harmonious" in Leaves of Grass.
Typical Usage (best examples)