(click/touch triangles for details)
- BOOK XXIX To Think of Time 1 To think of time—of all that retrospection, To think of to-day, and the ages continued henceforward.Book 29 — To Think of Time (1% in)
- The Past—the dark unfathom'd retrospect!Book 26 — Passage to India (3% in)
- Lo soul, the retrospect brought forward, The old, most populous, wealthiest of earth's lands, The streams of the Indus and the Ganges and their many affluents, (I my shores of America walking to-day behold, resuming all,) The tale of Alexander on his warlike marches suddenly dying, On one side China and on the other side Persia and Arabia, To the south the great seas and the bay of Bengal, The flowing literatures, tremendous epics, religions, castes, Old occult Brahma interminably far...Book 26 — Passage to India (52% in)
- They shall train themselves to go in public to become orators and oratresses, Strong and sweet shall their tongues be, poems and materials of poems shall come from their lives, they shall be makers and finders, Of them and of their works shall emerge divine conveyers, to convey gospels, Characters, events, retrospections, shall be convey'd in gospels, trees, animals, waters, shall be convey'd, Death, the future, the invisible faith, shall all be convey'd.Book 32 — FROM NOON TO STARRY NIGHT (75% in)
- [VII] By That Long Scan of Waves By that long scan of waves, myself call'd back, resumed upon myself, In every crest some undulating light or shade—some retrospect, Joys, travels, studies, silent panoramas—scenes ephemeral, The long past war, the battles, hospital sights, the wounded and the dead, Myself through every by-gone phase—my idle youth—old age at hand, My three-score years of life summ'd up, and more, and past, By any grand ideal tried, intentionless, the whole a nothing, And...Book 34 — SANDS AT SEVENTY (17% in)
There are no more uses of "retrospect" in Leaves of Grass.
Typical Usage (best examples)