- There was something shameful, effeminate, Capuan, as he called it to himself, in his present mode of life.Part Five (43% in)
- But in spite of his habitually dissipated mode of life, his inferior grade in the service, and his comparative youth, he occupied the honorable and lucrative position of president of one of the government boards at Moscow.Part One (12% in)
- In the same way Levin in his heart despised the town mode of life of his friend, and his official duties, which he laughed at, and regarded as trifling.Part One (15% in)
- He did not know that his mode of behavior in relation to Kitty had a definite character, that it is courting young girls with no intention of marriage, and that such courting is one of the evil actions common among brilliant young men such as he was.Part One (49% in)
- In his methodical brain there were distinctly formulated certain aspects of peasant life, deduced partly from that life itself, but chiefly from contrast with other modes of life.Part Three (1% in)
- Modes et robes," she read.Part Seven (88% in)
There are no more uses of "mode" in Anna Karenina.
Typical Usage (best examples)