(click/touch triangles for details)
- I visited many other apartments, but shall not trouble my reader with all the curiosities I observed, being studious of brevity.Part 3 — A Voyage to Laputa, Balnibarbi, .... (45% in)
- The other project was, a scheme for entirely abolishing all words whatsoever; and this was urged as a great advantage in point of health, as well as brevity.Part 3 — A Voyage to Laputa, Balnibarbi, .... (49% in)
- Again: because it is a general complaint, that the favourites of princes are troubled with short and weak memories; the same doctor proposed, "that whoever attended a first minister, after having told his business, with the utmost brevity and in the plainest words, should, at his departure, give the said minister a tweak by the nose, or a kick in the belly, or tread on his corns, or lug him thrice by both ears, or run a pin into his breech; or pinch his arm black and blue, to prevent...Part 3 — A Voyage to Laputa, Balnibarbi, .... (54% in)
- I have related the substance of several conversations I had with my master during the greatest part of the time I had the honour to be in his service; but have, indeed, for brevity sake, omitted much more than is here set down.Part 4 — A Voyage to the Country of the Houyhnms (49% in)
- I began last week to permit my wife to sit at dinner with me, at the farthest end of a long table; and to answer (but with the utmost brevity) the few questions I asked her.Part 4 — A Voyage to the Country of the Houyhnms (98% in)
There are no more uses of "brevity" in Gulliver's Travels.
Typical Usage (best examples)