(click/touch triangles for details)
- All this was impudence and desecration, and he repented that he had brought her.Book 2 — Old and Young (91% in)
- "Peter was a bad liver, and almshouses won't cover it, when he's had the impudence to show it at the last."Book 4 — Three Love Problems (15% in)
- It was like their impudence if they said anything of the sort to you.Book 5 — The Dead Hand (27% in)
- A red-faced man with large whiskers, and most impudent in his manner.Book 6 — The Widow and Wife (76% in)
- Most impudent he was!Book 6 — The Widow and Wife (76% in)
There are no more uses of "impudent" in Middlemarch.
Typical Usage (best examples)