(click/touch triangles for details)
- 'tis the Cardinal; And merely to revenge him on the Emperor For not bestowing on him, at his asking, The archbishopric of Toledo, this is purpos'd.2.1 — Act 2 Scene 1 — Westminster. A street (96% in)
- Sir, I desire you do me right and justice, And to bestow your pity on me; for I am a most poor woman, and a stranger, Born out of your dominions, having here No judge indifferent, nor no more assurance Of equal friendship and proceeding.2.4 — Act 2 Scene 4 — A hall in Black-Friars (14% in)
- Come, reverend fathers, Bestow your counsels on me.3.1 — Act 3 Scene 1 — London. The Queen's apartments (98% in)
- Since I had my office, I have kept you next my heart; have not alone Employ'd you where high profits might come home, But par'd my present havings, to bestow My bounties upon you.3.2 — Act 3 Scene 2 — Ante-chamber to the King's apartment (36% in)
- And though he were unsatisfied in getting, Which was a sin, yet in bestowing, madam, He was most princely: ever witness for him Those twins of learning that he rais'd in you, Ipswich and Oxford! one of which fell with him, Unwilling to outlive the good that did it; The other, though unfinish'd, yet so famous, So excellent in art, and still so rising, That Christendom shall ever speak his virtue.4.2 — Act 4 Scene 2 — Kimbolton (29% in)
There are no more uses of "bestow" in Henry VIII.
Typical Usage (best examples)