All 3 Uses of
Antony and Cleopatra
- The business she hath broached in the state Cannot endure my absence.
Scene 1.2 (definition 1) *endure = survive (continue to exist in)
- Mine eyes did sicken at the sight, and could not endure a further view.
Scene 3.10 (definition 2) *endure = suffer through
- The loyalty well held to fools does make Our faith mere folly:—yet he that can endure To follow with allegiance a fallen lord Does conquer him that did his master conquer, And earns a place i' the story.†
Scene 3.13 (definition 1)
(1) (endure as in: endure through the ages) to continue to exist
(2) (endure as in: endured the pain) to suffer through (or put up with something difficult or unpleasant)