used in Sense and Sensibility
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
enhance growth or development
in various senses, including:
- to grow crops or prepare land for them
- enhance a relationship — especially for a purpose
- develop discernment (better recognition of differences) in taste or judgment
- to grow a culture in a petri dish
- High hills rose immediately behind, and at no great distance on each side; some of which were open downs, the others cultivated and woody.
Chapter 6 (25% in)
There are no more uses of "cultivate" in Sense and Sensibility.