- I brought the portfolio from the library.Chapter 13 (62% in)
- As I was going upstairs to fetch my portfolio and pencils, Mrs. Fairfax called to me: "Your morning school-hours are over now, I suppose," said she.Chapter 11 (72% in)
- Well, fetch me your portfolio, if you can vouch for its contents being original; but don't pass your word unless you are certain: I can recognise patchwork."Chapter 13 (61% in)
- I had scarce tied the strings of the portfolio, when, looking at his watch, he said abruptly — "It is nine o'clock: what are you about, Miss Eyre, to let Adele sit up so long?Chapter 13 (86% in)
- Mrs. Fairfax folded up her knitting: I took my portfolio: we curtseyed to him, received a frigid bow in return, and so withdrew.Chapter 13 (88% in)
- One day he had had company to dinner, and had sent for my portfolio; in order, doubtless, to exhibit its contents: the gentlemen went away early, to attend a public meeting at Millcote, as Mrs. Fairfax informed me; but the night being wet and inclement, Mr. Rochester did not accompany them.Chapter 14 (4% in)
There are no more uses of "portfolio" in Jane Eyre.
Typical Usage (best examples)