- My star vanished as I drew near: some obstacle had intervened between me and it.Chapter 28 (58% in)
- During the intervening period I had no time to nurse chimeras; and I believe I was as active and gay as anybody — Adele excepted.Chapter 17 (11% in)
- The thought of Mrs. O'Gall and Bitternutt Lodge struck cold to my heart; and colder the thought of all the brine and foam, destined, as it seemed, to rush between me and the master at whose side I now walked, and coldest the remembrance of the wider ocean — wealth, caste, custom intervened between me and what I naturally and inevitably loved.Chapter 23 (45% in)
- He stood between me and every thought of religion, as an eclipse intervenes between man and the broad sun.Chapter 24 (**% in)
- Jane, I approached the verge of despair; a remnant of self-respect was all that intervened between me and the gulf.Chapter 27 (40% in)
There are no more uses of "intervene" in Jane Eyre.
Typical Usage (best examples)