(click/touch triangles for details)
- I was about to propound a question, touching the manner in which that operation of changing my heart was to be performed, when Mrs. Reed interposed, telling me to sit down; she then proceeded to carry on the conversation herself.Chapter 4 (51% in)
- I daresay she is crying because she could not go out with Missis in the carriage," interposed Bessie.Chapter 3 (54% in)
- Here the gentlemen interposed with earnest petitions to be further enlightened on these two last-named points; but they got only blushes, ejaculations, tremors, and titters, in return for their importunity.Chapter 18 (96% in)
- "How well you read me, you witch!" interposed Mr. Rochester: "but what did you find in the veil besides its embroidery?Chapter 25 (54% in)
- "Besides, the fire is too hot for you," interposed Mary.Chapter 29 (53% in)
There are no more uses of "interpose" in Jane Eyre.
Typical Usage (best examples)