All 5 Uses of
- Consistency, my dear Mr. Brocklehurst; I advocate consistency in all things.
Chpt 4advocate = recommend
- She advocated a high tone of sentiment; but she did not know the sensations of sympathy and pity; tenderness and truth were not in her.
Chpt 18 *advocated = recommended
- Since I had ascertained that Rosamond really preferred him, and that her father was not likely to oppose the match, I — less exalted in my views than St. John — had been strongly disposed in my own heart to advocate their union.
Chpt 32advocate = recommend
- I advocate them: I am sworn to spread them.
- It is the cause of God I advocate: it is under His standard I enlist you.
Chpt 34advocate = speak on behalf of and work for
(advocate as in: to advocate) to recommend or publicly support (someone or something)