- And all these subtle agencies, more and more they wrought on Ahab's texture.Chapters 28-30 — Ahab; (Enter Ahab; to Him, Stubb); The Pipe (56% in)
- As a carpenter's nails are divided into wrought nails and cut nails; so mankind may be similarly divided.Chapters 25-27 — Postscript; Knights and Squires; Knights and Squires (69% in)
- Little Flask was one of the wrought ones; made to clinch tight and last long.Chapters 25-27 — Postscript; Knights and Squires; Knights and Squires (69% in)
- Throughout the Pacific, and also in Nantucket, and New Bedford, and Sag Harbor, you will come across lively sketches of whales and whaling-scenes, graven by the fishermen themselves on Sperm Whale-teeth, or ladies' busks wrought out of the Right Whale-bone, and other like skrimshander articles, as the whalemen call the numerous little ingenious contrivances they elaborately carve out of the rough material, in their hours of ocean leisure.Chapters 55-57 — Monstrous Pictures of Whales; Less Erroneous Pictures of Whales; Whales in Paint.... (82% in)
- He averred, that upon first thrusting in for him, a leg was presented; but well knowing that that was not as it ought to be, and might occasion great trouble;—he had thrust back the leg, and by a dexterous heave and toss, had wrought a somerset upon the Indian; so that with the next trial, he came forth in the good old way—head foremost.Chapters 76-78 — The Battering-Ram; The Great Heidelburgh Tun; Cistern and Buckets (86% in)
- "Heart of wrought steel!" murmured Starbuck gazing over the side, and following with his eyes the receding boat—"canst thou yet ring boldly to that sight?Chapters 133-135 — The Chase—First Day; The Chase—Second Day; The Chase—Third Day (74% in)
There are no more uses of "wrought" in Moby Dick.
Typical Usage (best examples)