(click/touch triangles for details)
- But in the foamy confusion of their mixed and struggling hosts, the marksmen could not always hit their mark; and this brought about new revelations of the incredible ferocity of the foe.Chapters 64-66 — Stubb's Supper; The Whale as a Dish; The Shark Massacre (95% in)
- Ere that come to pass; ere the Pequod's weedy hull rolls side by side with the barnacled hulls of the leviathan; at the outset it is but well to attend to a matter almost indispensable to a thorough appreciative understanding of the more special leviathanic revelations and allusions of all sorts which are to follow.Chapters 31-33 — Queen Mab; Cetology; The Specksnyder (12% in)
- Captain Peleg's bruited reason for this thing appeared by no means adequate; though, indeed, as touching all Ahab's deeper part, every revelation partook more of significant darkness than of explanatory light.Chapters 106-108 — Ahab's Leg; The Carpenter; Ahab and the Carpenter (18% in)
- And the drawing near of Death, which alike levels all, alike impresses all with a last revelation, which only an author from the dead could adequately tell.Chapters 109-111 — Ahab and Starbuck in the Cabin; Queequeg in his Coffin; The Pacific (42% in)
- Out of this revelation, part by part, at last came out the four acts of the gladness, and the one long, and as yet uncatastrophied fifth act of the grief of his life's drama.Chapters 112-114 — The Blacksmith; The Forge; The Gilder (11% in)
There are no more uses of "revelation" in Moby Dick.
Typical Usage (best examples)